Welcome everyone to the HatchetRadio Dot Net State of the Union address. I know that this has been a long time coming and we’ve been pretty quiet on the home front as of late. However, I must continue to keep you guys updated as to what’s going on with the radio station, what our future plans are and what are we going to continue to do in 2018. I believe it was 2 years ago we made an announcement about wanting to get live shows up and running again, to bring more and more entertainment your way, however we have failed to do that just due to the fact that no matter what you plan, how hard you deliver the news it’s super hard to keep you guys updated when we’re so busy with real life stuff. We all wanted to get together and do live shows for you guys, but quality issues plagued the people who were trying to do what they so much loved so we decided to just halt that for the time being until people would step forward and do the right thing and get the equipment they were supposed to get in order to do so. Over the past 2 years I myself (Rick O) have been working on different means and media related things to get you guys back and involved with the station again, because we loved to do what we do but times change and people change and you can’t blame anyone but yourself for any follies that happen in this business and I can take an amazing amount of responsibility on my end as well as the other owners of this station because well.. We’re all family people now. Some of us are married or have girlfriends, some of us have kids and real jobs and we’ve always maintained the free aspect of HatchetRadio. We’ve never made any money off of this website, we’ve only put money into this sinkhole and watched it disappear for the shear fact we love what we do, and we enjoy giving you guys ever bit of ourselves. I myself have maintained my own web-based shows on my Facebook, Twitch, & YouTube channels, Adam (T9X) is working his ass off to keep things running on this end but at the end of the day 2 dudes run HatchetRadio now and yes I can take the blame for becoming fat, dumb, and lazy. So what does this mean for the future? Here’s where I’m going to answer all your questions, delve into some fears and speculation, as well as let the people who’ve supported us for many many years into the mind of what’s going on.
- HatchetRadio is moving away from the “Juggalo” Based format we’ve been known for. Instead we are going to be converting over to an Indie Underground Format. Still supporting our favorite record labels like Psychopathic Records, Strange Music, MNE, and other record labels however moving away from that exclusive brand for the sake of promoting artists who aren’t a part of this movement or that movement, but instead being free, and independent of labels that have held us back for over 15 years.
- There will be coverage on certain other aspects besides just music, such as Gaming (Console & PC), Sports (Football, Basketball, Mixed Martial Arts) and other journalistic ventures in order to not just be pushed into the one sided aspect of just covering music. A lot of the people who have worked with or do work with the station feel the same way about putting forth better content to keep you guys better informed on the things you love & hate.
- Talking “Shop” or Politics. For 6 years I worked with a wonderful syndicate which got me involved in politics, We aim to get people who are like minded however from different political backgrounds to cover news for those who need it broken down and from different points of view. We are after all created equal, but different. I feel that this would bring a certain edge back to the network and keep the fans debating.
- Podcasts!!! Yes.. We will FINALLY be doing podcasts on different shows, Bringing in different people to enjoy each other with.. and yes that means more and more things to have fun with, live video Broadcasts will also be introduced on the HatchetRadio YouTube Channel, My personal channels as well. So involvement will be amazing.
Last but not least…
- The Return of The Rick O Show Live & Uncut. Nuff said
So in 2018 we’re going to be working on implementing this format for all of you to enjoy. Great news and Godspeed -Rick O